Montana State Fund’s Montana Small Business Group Program
The Montana Small Business Group is comprised of small businesses who show a commitment to safety in the workplace. Members can earn a return of premium, depending on the overall safety performance of the group. The results are evaluated one year after the completion of the group year.
To be eligible to join the small business group, your company must meet the following eligibility criteria*:
- Have a written, comprehensive workplace safety program that has been in effect for more than a year.
- Have transitional and return to work program.
- Have a three year history of no losses.
- Be continuously insured with MSF for at least three years.
- Have estimated premium greater than minimum premium and less than $10,000.
- Not be experience rated.
- A policy can only belong to one group program.
The required safety programs must be implemented at least a year in advance. So for example, if your policy expires on July 1st then you must have the above requirements implemented by July 1st of the year prior to your renewal date. Montana State Fund will send out a group application prior to your renewal date if you appear to meet all eligibility requirements for the group.
If you have questions contact your agent, contact a Montana State Fund customer service specialist at 800-332-6102, or send us an email at email@example.com.
* The eligibility criteria is subject to change on July 1st of each year.
Create a Workplace Safety Program
To make it easier for you to get started on your path to a safer workplace we created Safety Plan/Return to Work templates for your use. Simply click on the appropriate link below that applies to your business.
Your Safety Program
Now that you have completed your Safety Plan/Return to Work program use it at your business. It will not be necessary for you to present it to Montana State Fund. MSF will send program applications to eligible companies.
Forms You May Need:
Enhance Your Safety Program
You can request a safety consultation from Montana State Fund. Learn more about our safety services.