Safety is Our Business
Benefits of Safety
There are many benefits to having a comprehensive safety program including reduced injuries and illnesses, improved employee morale and productivity, and lower premiums. Establishing an effective safety program in your organization takes time, patience, commitment and follow through.
Developing a program can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Montana State Fund offers a variety of resources to help our policyholders improve their safety programs including individualized safety consultations with our Safety Management Consultants.
Our SMCs Can Help You
- Identify workplace hazards and appropriate controls.
- Develop written safety and return to work programs.
- Develop effective hiring practices to promote safety.
- Create an effective safety committee.
- Develop a new hire orientation.
- Develop job safety analyses.
- Communicate your safety message to your employees
- Develop an accident investigation process.
- Customize Return to Work “Grab N Go” kits.
Our SMCs also:
- Provide safety training.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments.
- Assist in developing transitional duty employment opportunities for injured employees.
Montana State Fund is committed to helping your organization have effective safety and return to work programs. We offer a variety of resources including:
- SafeMT.com: This site that you’re on now is a great starting place that is updated regularly.
- Periodic safety emails.
- Printed safety materials.
- Register for free quarterly safety workshops.
- WorkSafe Champions program.
- Individualized safety consultations.
How To Request an On-Site Consultation
Any Montana State Fund policyholder can request safety management services. All consultative services are prioritized with the goal of providing timely and professional service. You may request service by calling your team’s customer service specialist at 1-800-332-6102.