Coronavirus / COVID-19 Update
OUR CONTINUING COMMITMENT TO YOU
Our vision remains to be an indispensable partner in achieving a safer, healthier and more prosperous Montana.
Achieving this vision requires taking steps to protect the health of Montana State Fund customers, our fellow Montanans, and our own staff. Therefore, due to COVID-19, Montana State Fund has temporarily suspended all business travel and closed our offices to the public.
Our employees have made a very successful transition to working from home, and we are available to help you! We realize you may have questions and the need to talk to someone. Please reach out to us at 800-332-6102 to discuss how we can help.
Here’s what we have done and are continuing to do to deliver on our promise in these uncertain times:
We stood ready and partnered with you, offering some peace of mind by deferring premium payments from Wednesday, March 18, 2020 through June 30, 2020. No policies have been cancelled for failure to pay their premium or report their payroll during this time. We realize your top priorities remain taking care of your family, business, and employees. We also understand COVID-19 has continued to have significant impact on many businesses as the state is starting to slowly reopen.
Montana State Fund’s promise continues for you and your employees! In order to give businesses additional time during this recovery, and ensure your employees remain covered, we are extending the deferment of premium payments all the way through September 30, 2020. The deferral gives you the flexibility to manage financial obligations during a stressful economic period so you can focus on what matters.
- We will extend any debt or payment due.
- We will work with each of you that continue to be impacted by business closures or interruption beyond this time.
- Policyholders who continue to pay wages to employees while not working (gratuitous wages) will not be charged workers’ compensation premium on those wages.
- If a policyholder has a change from what the payroll was originally estimated, MSF can help you complete a revised estimate. This is a standing, common practice and simply requires the policyholder to contact MSF.
- Our Claims staff is here to help our injured employees receive their benefit payments and the care they need, whether a virtual doctor visit or a pharmacy service.
- As medical offices reopen, we are helping our injured employees get their treatment and visits rescheduled as quickly as possible.
- We continue processing any new claims that may occur.
- While our safety professionals are not currently traveling due to COVID-19, we are available to provide virtual safety services to our policyholders at no cost! These services include:
- Safety risk assessments and business continuation assistance
- Technical training for safety and workers’ compensation
- Home and office ergonomics coaching
- Safety committee virtual presentations
- Virtual walkthroughs – take us to your worksites with ease
- If these services are not what you need, or if you are just not sure, we stand ready to customize a safety solution with you!
To facilitate the safe delivery of health care services to patients throughout the COVID-19 state of emergency, the Montana Department of Labor & Industry has released temporary changes to the telehealth guidelines. If you have any questions, please reach out to a member of our Medical Team.
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION AND COVID-19
As you know, information concerning the new coronavirus and COVID-19, the infectious disease it causes, is dominating the news media and general public discussion. And, government at all levels, businesses and the public at large are struggling to cope with the disruption in everyday life. Employers and employees alike are reacting to the situation through better hygiene practices, physical distancing and remote work where possible. Although there are few known confirmed COVID-19 cases in Montana, it is expected that they will become more commonplace as the virus spreads. To better inform our policyholders regarding the workers’ compensation insurance implications we are publishing some common questions and answers (and will add to them as needed).