We Won’t Keep You Hanging
A number of our policyholders have asked us what safety/employee related posters they must display at their workplace. Below is a complete list of posters required by federal law as well as ways to get them for free.
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Family Medical Leave Act (employers with 50 or more employees)
- FMLA Poster Insert for Military Family Leave Amendments
- Federal Minimum Wage (must be displayed on an employee bulletin board)
- Job Safety and Health (OSHA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (does not apply to public employers)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Employee Rights Under the H-2A Program (Effective March 15, 2010 for H-2A Employers only)
- National Labor Relations Board (Effective January 31, 2012) – Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions concerning the Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act
Now Where Do I Get the Posters?
There are three ways to get these posters for free.
1. Through your local Job Service Workforce Center
A large all-in-one poster that incorporates five of the required posters may be obtained at no cost to you by contacting your local Job Service Workforce Center. To locate your nearest Job Service check the Job Service Center Directory. Ask to speak with a Workforce Consultant.
2. Downloadable from the Internet
General information on required posters, including posters of special interest to federal contractors, can be found at www.dol.gov/osbp/sbrefa/poster/main.htm
Employers with Internet access and Adobe Acrobat Reader can download the required posters directly from the sites listed:
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
- Spanish EEO Poster www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeosp.pdf
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA) Poster www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/minwagep.pdf
- Job Safety and Health (OSHA) Poster
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
- Employee Rights Under the H-2A Program Poster – English | Spanish
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) (pdf)
- Montana Clean Indoor Air Act (Available from the Dept. of Public Health & Human Services)
- Montana Minimum Wage Poster – English | Spanish
(Employers are not required to post the Montana Minimum Wage Poster)
- Due to a recent ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals, the scheduled effective date for this posting requirement (April 30th) has been delayed following an appeal. This webpage will be updated once the final ruling is made.
Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act poster 11 x 17 (pdf) – English | Spanish
Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act poster 2 pg 8.5 x 11 (pdf) – English | Spanish
3. Call the Montana Department of Labor and Industry, 406-444-9081 or 406-444-4100 for more information about getting employment posters at no cost.
Other “posters” required by Montana law to be posted on an employee bulletin board:
- Proof of Unemployment Insurance Coverage
- Proof of Workers’ Compensation Coverage
These documents are only available through the agencies providing your Workers’ Compensation and Unemployment Insurance coverage.