Unfortunately, snow can be a problem even after it has been removed from walkways.
- Water from melting snow can find its way back on to the walkways. During the night the temperature can drop, causing the water to freeze.
- Your employees may find a fresh layer of very slick ice the next morning.
- Evaluate the terrain surrounding walkways. Note any high areas where melting snow could flow onto walkways.
- A map should be made to designate areas for snow piles. This map should be readily available to all maintenance personnel.
- Monitor the results by observing the runoff from the snow piles. Is the water flowing safely away from walkways?
This library resource is located in the following industry type(s): Safety Culture