- Be properly trained to prepare hot items. Understand how to use the equipment you will be required to operate safely.
- Use caution when preparing hot drinks or using machines that dispense hot liquids. Do not stick your hands into areas where hot coffee or hot liquids are dispensed.
- Use rays to carry hot plates.
- Use a waiter’s cloth or hot pads or oven mitts to protect your arms or hands when carrying hot plates or trays. Never use a wet cloth; they conduct heat.
- Observe any safety procedures or wear any protective equipment (hot pads, mitts, aprons) provided for your use while preparing hot items.
- Do not remove coffee pot until coffee is through being dispensed.
For more complete information: OSHA Restaurant Burns webpage.
This library resource is located in the following industry type(s): Kitchen