Motor Vehicles: MVR Checks
Annual MVR checks should conducted for all employees who operate company fleet.
- Companies should have employees or prospective employees sign releases allowing the organization to run the MVR checks. These releases should be approvedby legal counsel.
- Many firms are available to
accomplish these checks including
- The Montana Motor Vehicle Division can help you including an online service that you may use.
- When running MVR checks, consider a national search rather than one limited to the county or state in which the employee resides or where the company is domiciled.
- Once you have all of the MVRs you need to deal with the problem driver(s). You will need a scoring system in place. Score the number and type of vehicular accidents or traffic law violations. Convictions for driving while intoxicated of impaired should cause a suspension of driving privileges.